Chuck Paul, LLC
San Antonio, Texas
An advocate & subject matter expert in the areas of commercial exploitation of juveniles and advanced child abuse investigations.
Chuck Paul, DMST Consultant
Chuck Paul a consultant, trainer, speaker, facilitator, private investigator, and advocate with over ten years of federal service and twelve years of Texas state service. Chuck began his lifetime of service as solider in the United States Army. He is a Desert Storm combat veteran. Chuck’s formal education includes a degree in Criminal Justice with a minor in Youth and Human Services Nonprofit Management.
Chuck Paul is familiar with international human trafficking as a former U.S. Customs Officer on the American southwest border. Chuck learned about domestic minor sex trafficking having served twelve years as a Texas Department of Family & Protective Services Special Investigator. In 2016 Chuck was awarded by the Texas Governor for his work in developing the state protocol for response to cases of children running away, or abducted, from foster care. Chuck is considered a leading subject matter expert in areas of domestic minor sex trafficking, commercial exploitation of juveniles, missing children recovery, and advanced child abuse investigations.
In 2016 Chuck Paul left public service to dedicate his time to the fast-growing issues related to Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking (DMST). In addition to providing his clients with training, group presentations, facilitation, consulting and coaching, Chuck also volunteers his time to non-profit organizations that are creating models that will provide comprehensive solutions for survivors of DMST. Chuck is dedicated to increasing public awareness and assisting non-profit, and government, organizations that are beginning to prioritize time and resources in address this rapidly growing issue of modern day slavery.
- 1988-1992: Chuck Paul began his lifetime of service as solider. He is a Desert Storm combat veteran.
- 1993-2000: As an Officer in the U. S. Customs Service Chuck became familiar with international human trafficking.
- 2004-2016: Chuck left federal service and joined the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services as a Special Investigator. In this position, he performed advanced consultative and forensic investigative protective services duties. Chuck served on, and coordinated with, multi-agency teams to investigate hundreds of high-profile cases of abuse, neglect, and exploitation of children. Chuck also worked to with multi-disciplinary teams in to develop restorative programs for victims.
Chuck was directly involved in the creation of cooperative multidisciplinary protective services actions involving law enforcement, medical professionals, protective services, and social services providers. These actions include programs to co-locate Texas Department of Family & Protective Services Special Investigators at police stations, and the creation of both the Drug Endangered Children and Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking response programs in Bexar County Texas.
Chuck’s additional duties included ten years as a Texas Department of Family & Protective Services Special Investigative Liaison to the San Antonio Police Department Special Victims’ Unit. He developed the process, and wrote the initial policies, for Texas Department of Family & Protective Services Special Investigative response to the problem of youths missing from foster placement. Chuck was directly involved in the development of procedures and recovery interview screening tools that are being used to identify foster youth victims of human trafficking.
- Chuck has a bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice from the University of Texas at San Antonio with a minor in Youth and Human Services Nonprofit Management.
- Chuck Paul is a member of the Alamo Area Coalition Against Trafficking. Chuck serves in the Alamo Area Coalition Against Trafficking facilities, training/marketing, and conference subcommittees. Chuck is the President of the Alamo Youth Center, Inc. which is a nonprofit agency he founded in 2016. Chuck serves on the Alamo Youth Center board as one of the directors. The mission of Alamo Youth Center, Inc. is to develop an emergency rescue and restorative facility for runaways and youth victims of commercial exploitation in Texas.